This site uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.

You can do what you like and get paid! Write articles on the topic you like, work at home with well-paid work!

How Many Types of Vagina Are There?

  • Jan.06.2021
  • 2min
  • 0 0
  • 0
  • 220

Did you know that there are many different types of vagina shapes? Vaginas come in so many different shapes, sizes, and colors, and there is no knowing the number of variations or how many types of vagina there are in the world because each vagina is unique. Not only are there many types of a female vagina in terms of aesthetics, but there is also a different spatial arrangement of nerve endings in every vagina.

Types of Vagina

That makes them like snowflakes, each is unique. I think this is beautiful, that there can be so many different types of the vagina, all of which should be able to produce intense pleasure. Now when we talk about the different types of the vagina, what we usually mean is different types of the vulva. The vagina is the opening that leads to the cervix and uterus and is internal. The vulva is the external part of the female genitalia. Because of the way we talk about the vagina in popular culture as though it included the vulva, we rarely appropriately label the anatomy of the vulva that can lead to distinguishing differences between lady parts.

Labia! What about Them?

The labia are the lips of the vulva. There are inner and outer labia and they can look different from one person to the next. They look like folds, and between them, the vagina, urethra, and clitoris are protected. Some women have labia that hang more than others, some women’s inner labia protrude from their outer labia and some women have inner labia that are tucked into the outer labia.

There is a common trend among women to want to have their inner labia neatly tucked into their outer labia, most likely due to pornography or popular culture and the rise in popularity of the Brazilian wax. However there is no perfect vagina, and the majority of adult women do not have this kind of vulva. Some women have labia that are very uneven, very plump, very thin, very open, or very closed. I’m sure you’ve heard someone make the analogy between a vagina and a flower, and some flowers bloom differently than others!

Clitoris and Clitoral Hood

The clitoris can range in size from person to person and it can also require different stimulation to become aroused from person to person. When the clitoris becomes aroused it fills with blood and swells, often changing the look and shape of the vulva to be a bit more open and maybe more pink depending on your skin tone. This means not only can your vagina look a lot different than another person’s, but it could also look different from the way it did this morning depending on levels of arousal.

The clitoral hood is there to protect the clitoris from being stimulated all of the time. The clitoral hood is the covering of the little nub (the clitoris) at the top of the vulva. It can vary in size, shape, and color. It can also vary in proximity to the vagina. Studies show that the closer the clitoris is to the vagina, the more likely a woman is to be part of the 18% of women who can achieve orgasm through vaginal penetration alone. The other 82% needs a bit more to get to a climax, and that means clitoral stimulation!

different types of vagina shapes

A lot of people who own vaginas simply do not know that there is so much vaginal or vulvar variation and maybe even see their own as ugly or abnormal. The fact of the matter is, as long as you don’t have a medical problem or an STI, your vagina is perfectly normal even if it doesn’t look like a porn star’s vag, or like your best friend’s or your sister’s. Never worry that your sexual partner is going to think your vagina isn’t beautiful because odds are they’re just going to be excited to be able to see it at all!

0
0
Do you like this article?
no 0

Comments

Ask a question!

Dear visitors of My Sex Story, we are all here to help you to find answers to the most precious desires and sexual thoughts. You ask - we give!

Press the bottom below to ask us your most exciting sexual questions and our manager will help you to find the most wanted answer!

18+

You see this pop-up to make sure that you are 18+ to visit My-Sex-StOry. To confirm your age, click on the blue "YES" button to read articles about sex positions, sexual health, fetishes, and related tips about sex.

Are you 18?